I left for Florida Tuesday morning (26th) at 6am and came home Sunday evening the 31st. Almost 6 whole days all by myself! At first I was a little overwhelmed with the feelings of being all alone, but as the week progressed it became more comfortable. I attended a Practice Growth Accelerator course through Professional Enhancement Systems (they're tied with Ulan- the nutrition response testing Jon does). The course actually takes 8-9 days to complete so I'll need to go back sometime and finish. There are different modules in the course like basic study skills, communications, personal integrity, ups and downs, tone scale, etc. It's sort of like school. We have manuals we study out of and essays to write and then we partner up quite a bit and do drills. I didn't feel like anything I learned was really new to me only a different avenue of looking at what I already know. I enjoyed seeing if from a different perspective and I enjoyed working on fine-tuning my skills in different areas. I do feel like I have added new skills to my belt and I am more confident in certain aspects of life. There were a few new things I learned in the basic study skills course that will help me to be a better student and to be able to better help my children with school.
Unfortunately, I did not have the camera with me to take pictures of the beautiful beach. Typically I would leave my hotel about 8:30am and attend class until 5:00pm. Then I'd get some dinner to go and take it to the beach and eat. I'd stay there until the sunset, which is beautiful, and then head back to my hotel. I'd get back to the hotel about 8:30 shower, watch a little TV, read and go to bed. I had a pretty stress-free routine :) Big thanks to Aunt Marae and Aunt Elise for watching our kids while I was gone!! They are wonderful and Hyrum and Lydia LOVE them!!! Grandma and Grandpa Lindsey also watched them for a day or so while Jon went hunting. Family is the BEST!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Greastest Blessings!
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun little getaway (as fun as classes can be) I love the beach. I'm sure it was beautiful. Hyrum is growing up too fast. Happy Birthday Jon!
I coudn't agree more ~ Famiy IS the best!!
I cant wait to hear more about what you learned! It all sounds so great. You know me... I love sharing in your knowledge! :)
Thanks so much for the birthday card that you all sent! You are so good to keep on top of things like that. I need to do much better! Love ya all. Liz
Post a Comment