Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Two Hundred Dollars!

Last Wednesday I came home from work and laid Lydia down in the living room next to a bunch of books she had pulled of the book shelf to change her diaper. I was looking at the books thinking how I was going to have to clean them all up when I noticed a $100 dollar bill laying there with the books. All of the sudden I was glad Lydia had pulled the books off the shelf :) Way to go Lydia! I have no idea where the $100 came from but I'm grateful I found it and I immediately thanked my angels. I did call the babysitter just to make sure she hadn't lost it but she said no, it wasn't hers. I assume either Jon or I put money in a book sometime and forgot about it. Or, we bought a book someone had forgotten they had put money in.

Well, a few days later I finally got around to cleaning up those books and found an additional 100 dollars! This time it was smaller bills but still a total of $100. Wow, am I ever lucky! Two hundred dollars fell on my lap all because Lydia made a mess- way to go girl!

A funny side note: that night when I told Jon about the discovery of the 2nd 100 he decided to look through all the books to see if he could find more money. Unfortunately, he wasn't as lucky.

6 comments:

Lizzylou said...

Cute pictures, thanks for the update. It sounds like you guys have been having lots of fun. I'll have to show Ryan the Elk pictures. He'll be jealous!!

Dramatic Imaging said...

Hey, I am so glad to have your blog! Glad to see you that you guys are doing so well. Do you have our blog? Kids are so cute! She looks exactly like I thought she would.....beautiful! I still chuckle about how I did your makeup and hair and put jewelry on you and you went to the school to surprise Jon and he hated it! I figured out why...... you are his and he does not want to share! Well, I mean no kidding, you are his wife, but he doesn't want anyone to look either when you are that done up!!!! Problem is, you are like the most naturally beautiful girl I know! You guys are so inspiring for so many good things. The world is better with the Lindsey's in it!

Marae said...

hey rachel! you can just right click on the pictures of jon on my blog to copy them. the rest of them are saved on the computer at the new plymouth house under one of the marae files, so you can just browse around next time you are there and bored. :)

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Wow!! What a lucky day for you! I hope you did something fun with your money...I think I would have gone to dinner with Matt...Maybe PF Changs...our favorite!

Rapp Family said...

What a great find! I'm going to start looking in our books =) It's so good to see pictures of your adorable kids! I'm glad to see you are all so happy. It's too bad we can't see eachother in person, but atleast we can check in on eachother through blogs. Thanks for sharing!

Taunya said...

Oh my goodness! You must've been petitioning for money to just fall into your lap! That's just awesome!

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!