
It's been a tradition in our family the last 3 years to get our Christmas tree from the mountains. They aren't always the prettiest but we have a good time getting one and they smell nice. This year Jon found the "perfect tree". If only I would have taken a picture of it! It was actually 3 trees in one. Three trees came off one stump. I insisted that it was too large for our small living room, but it was cold and getting dark and Jon was excited about it so I gave it. Needless to say it was a little too large for our living room so two of the trees were cut off and placed outside and only one remains. It's still not the prettiest, but it's ours and we enjoy it :)




Notice the stump? The tree stand is off to the left of where the tree actually comes up. It fell over the 1st night we had it and got several of my presents wet so Jon had to tie it up. Understandably it needed a little help with it's balance.
This is a photo of the kids with their "North Pole". They had gotten out a few decorations and were playing North Pole. I thought it was cute and had to snap a photo.
This is Hyrum with the "fake" Santa at our ward party. Some time ago Hyrum learned the real Santa doesn't come to ward parties. The fake Santa's are Santa's friends and they pass along messages to the real Santa. Hyrum didn't hestitate when Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas, "An X-Box and a Wii." Unfortunately, for Hyrum, Mom and Dad let Santa know that we're not ready for either and a nice toy would be better.
Lydia didn't care too much for Santa. She loved watching him from a distance and wouldn't stop talking about him before and after the party, but would have nothing to do with sitting on his lap. She thought it was kind of him to give her an orange though :)
1 comment:
I love Lydia's hair. It always looks like a grown womans styled hair.
Marae & I cannot wait to party in the hot tub with you guys!
Post a Comment