Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

I'm not sure if this is common among men or not, but when I first met Jon he didn't know what day Valentine's Day was. I thought that was pretty strange, but at the same time it sort of fit Jon. After 8 years he does a pretty good job remembering the holiday and finding some way to make it special for me. Lucky for Jon I don't require much. Usually a homemade card is good enough. (Jon makes fabulous cards and writes amazing poems!) This year was extra low key as far as the gift giving... in fact, there was none. We didn't even do cards. Boring and blah, I know. But, leave it up to my sweet husband to surprise me with something heart felt. After saying my prayers and getting ready to lay down for the night Jon told I needed to read his journal. (He had just written his bi-annual entry). I was a little confused, but he insisted so I opened it up and found "Reasons I love Rachel" followed by 33 reasons why and then "Happy Valentine's Day Rachel." Even when we agree no gifts, he still finds something... I'm sure blessed!

To celebrate the day we dropped the kids off with Grandma and Grandpa Lindsey and went into Boise. We did some shopping, went out to eat, and attended a session at the Temple. It was a wonderful Valentine's Day. I love you Jon!

3 comments:

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

How nice, its the little things that make us go awwwhhhh.

Elise said...

I can only imagine the list.

1. she doesn't make funny noises when she sleeps.
2. she smells decent.
3. she has smaller muscles than me
4. she buys me 4-wheelers
5. she thinks I'm cool

etc.

Just kidding, I'm sure he is very sweet.

I miss you all

*A* said...

That is ADORABLE!!!!!

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!