Thursday, January 21, 2010

The last few weeks

Thankfully, the last few weeks of our lives have been pretty low key. Jon is the type that likes to be going and doing every available minute so I cherish weekends when we just stay home. I typically look forward to the winter months when life seems to slow down. For those of you that are familar with energy types, you know that a slower pace life fits my fourness :)
Some more self portraits by Lydia


Jon is really good to read to the kids. As long as they're willing to sit and cuddle with him he'll read for hours. He loves to cuddle with his kids. (Picture by Lydia)
Last Saturday we took the 4wheelers out. It was quite muddy, but fun to get out. Lydia was pretty tired and didn't feel too great so it was a pretty short ride for us girls.

I think the muddier the better for the boys. I'll never understand the male mind and what drive them. The rougher and riskier the ride, the better according to my boys!

Hyrum enjoys his BB gun. Every chance he gets to use it he does, even if it is just shooting snow.

Sunday I had a pretty bad headache and I'd asked Jon to massage my shoulders. As wonderful as Jon is, he's not much help in the massage department. He doesn't ever get headaches (lucky him) so he really doesn't understand. My Dad on the other hand, is amazing! (Maybe that's why Jon doesn't try, he knows I'm comparing him to my Dad...) So, after Jon miserably failed and quit massaging -a minute after he started- Lydia took over to show him how it was done. She was even telling him, "This is how you do it, Dad. See, you do it like this." Thank goodness for sweet little girls!!!
Lydia playing with play dough. She misses Hyrum quite a bit while he's at school. She started Preschool last week and really enjoys being able to go to "school" herself.

Our little princess
Another picture by Lydia. Jon seems pretty excited to have his picture taken. What a fun Dad!
This is a common scene in our home. Hyrum's fully decked out in camo and they're on a hunting excursion. Not sure what the scarf on Lydia is for....
Also, Jon and I started swimming and working out a few weeks ago. It feel sooooo good to finally be exercising again! I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

these are soo cute rachel, i love the kids at the top of the stairs (last shot)...priceless expressions!

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!