This weekend was the annual Spring Fair here in Fruitland. Here's Hyrum waiting to take the stage with his classmates. For some reason he always gets silly around friends... must be the age.


Here's Lydia waiting for the parade to start. What's she's really waiting for is the candy to be thrown at her.
After Spring Fair we took the "new" boat out to Farewell Bend. We sold our 1963 boat a few months ago with the intention of upgrading to a newer and bigger boat. Jon looked for a long time and then was told about this beauty. After speaking with a friend who had looked at the boat, I knew it was not the boat I wanted. It was a 1970 and said "70s" louder than anything I'd ever seen in my life. Plus, the floor was a soft in several places. BUT, according to Jon, you buy a boat for it's motor and the motor on this boat was worth more than the asking price. Against my wishes, Jon purchased the boat. To put it mildly I wasn't too happy. Among other things, upgrading from a 1963 to a 1970 wasn't really my idea of "upgrading."My bad feelings towards the boat motivated Jon to spend the next three days completely remodeling the boat. He tore out the pretty wall paper inside the boat and painted the entire inside and outside, tore out the entire floor and put in all new beams and wood and new carpet, ripped out the seats and installed new swivel (modern looking) seats, and a few days later painted the boat trailer as well. I have to admit, it looks a TON better. I'm actually okay with it now, which is a really good thing for Jon :)




This here is my Mother's Day present. After nine years of what I call the "newlywed table", we finally upgraded :) I love the table that Jon's brother David made for us for our wedding but, we out grew it a long time ago. It's so nice to have room for us and the food when we eat a meal. Plus, now when we have friends over we won't have to pull out the card table. I love my new table!This table is actually far from new. The people we bought it from figure it must be around 30-35 years old (amazing that it's been around longer than I have!). It had quite a bit of wear so my handy husband sanded it all down and re-stained it for me. What a nice husband! The flowers on the table were also for Mother's Day and much appreciated :)


No comments:
Post a Comment