Sunday, January 16, 2011

More photos of Zerin


Zerin is three weeks old today!  Hard to believe how the time is flying... though I have to admit, I'm thoroughly looking forward to the night I finally get some good sleep!  It's a good thing these newborns are so adorable; they make the sleepless nights worth it.
A few days after Zerin was born Grandma Shauna came to stay (and save the day!).  She is such an immense help that I go through withdraws when she leaves.  My friends are amazed at how much help she is.  She keeps the baby at night, does the dishes, plays with the other kids, grocery shops, cleans, bathes the baby... pretty much everything!  We were blessed to have her here for a week and a half.  My Dad also came and spent about 5 days with us.  He too was a big help.  Mainly completing my "honey do" list that Jon's been avoiding.  He's also fabulous at playing with Hyrum and Lydia.  The kids absolutely LOVE their grandparents!  We feel greatly blessed to have such amazing parents!
Grandma and Grandpa Lindsey stopped by after dropping Craig off at BYU-I.  It was nice to visit with them, and as always Grandma Lindsey came bearing gifts.


One fun thing Grandma Shauna did with Lydia was gather all her dolls and set them up for a picture.  I believe they counted around 30.

Zerin four days old with a cute hat Grandma Shauna brought.


Hyrum loves having a brother and is turning out to be an excellent help to me.  This morning Jon had to be at a meeting at the church so Hyrum came down to my room to ask if he could take Zerin (usually Jon takes him in the morning so I can get a little more sleep).  Zerin was quite fussy so I told Hyrum that was okay and that he wouldn't want him.  Hyrum insisted he did and that he'd take care of him.  Sure enough when I came upstairs about 15 minutes later Zerin was asleep on Hyrum's chest.  It really does amaze me how well he does with him.

Lydia has loved this little guy since before we knew he was coming.  She's been anxious for a baby for years and LOVES that we finally have one!
Grandma and Zerin



Zerin's first bath given by Grandma, of course.  She's a natural at things like that.

Grandpa and Hyrum out 4wheeling with Jon down by Mountain Man lodge.  Jon's determined he's building a hunting cabin there and recently purchased 10 acres to do so.  It's definitely not my idea of a great cabin location and not somewhere I'll be too fond to visit but Jon's assuring me it will be a minimal investment with very little maintenance.  Meaning I won't feel obligated to use it and if it only gets used during hunting season it'll still be worth it.  I guess time will tell... Thankfully I trust my husband!



Since Grandma and Grandpa were here we blessed Zerin on his two week birthday (Jan.9th).

These definitely aren't the best family photos but they're photos to remember the day :)











These next few photos are of Lydia and Zerin on Jan. 14th, 19 days old.








This huge thing is Jon's elk from this year.  It joined our home on Christmas Eve.  He had it measured and for those of you that care, it measured 336 after deductions.  Pretty massive bull!  For the story of his hunt you'll have to check his blog.

3 comments:

Lizzylou said...

What a handsome guy. Your mom sounds like a dream come true. I love his big wide eyes. Lydia sure has a great doll collection. We are glad you are doing well, you all look great!

*A* said...

I think I'm in love!! What a cute little guy! Yor mom is just as pretty as she was the last time I saw her some 10 plus years ago. I miss you

Jared and Aletia said...

Rachel you've got a beautiful family!!

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!