Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July 2013

Porter dressed up as the king by his sissy.



The was the first DeCoria/David's reunion at Pinedell church camp.  We all had a great time especially the kids.




Hyrum around the campfire with the "older" cousins
My husband is HOT!




After the family reunion Hyrum went home with Gma and Gpa.  The kids and I picked him up the following weekend and were able to attend Gma's work party at a really fun gymnastics studio.











Porcupine races in Council July 4th







Fireworks at the High School in Council.  Hyrum's our fireworks pro!


Zerin really enjoyed the fireworks this year, especially the sparklers.


We went to a local yard sale and Lydia bought herself a purse.  We also got a brand new old version of Clue.  The kids have been having a great time playing it.



Best birthday adventure yet!!  Jon & I (with Porter) hiked into Six Lake Basin.  It was EXACTLY what I was craving and I LOVED it!  We left about 6am and got to the place where we unloaded the side by side about 7:30.  We didn't think the road we be open due to snow but come to find out it opened two days before.  It was amazing how much damage is done in the winter from snow fall.  There were several places along the road that people had had to chain saw trees to open the road.  When we arrived at Black Lake we were the only ones there.  It was beautiful.

This little guy did AMAZING!




Jon fishing Black Lake








Absolutely LOVE this guy!  He is still the man of my dreams and I feel blessed daily to be his eternal companion!

From Black Lake to Six Lake Basin is a 4 mile hike.  The beginning is pretty steep and the end is pretty steep but the middle is pretty easy going.  Due to snow there was one part on the way out of Black Lake that we had to scale some rocks... not so cool for a momma who's scared of heights.  I debated turning around and who have without Jon but he encouraged me on.




The view of the first of the six lakes


Jon's a little dot in the middle of the picture descending down to the first lake








Nice catch, Jonnie!



I LOVE hiking, thanks for a fabulous birthday present, Jonnie!


Thanks to Porter for being such a trooper!


Hyrum, Lydia, and Zerin stayed at the cabin by themselves until about noon when a babysitter came over.  We rolled into town about 6:30pm.

Hyrum and Lydia making my actual birthday dinner... steak bites, a Hyrum specialty :)




LOVE my kiddos!

No comments:

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!