Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I have two Gammas!"

Grandpa and Grandpa DeCoria came to visit us this weekend. On Friday we made lots of yummie applesauce. Thanks Mom and Dad for all the help! Lots of hands make light work :)

On Saturday morning Grandpa cut Hyrum's hair and then Aunt Elise kept the kids while we all went to the Temple. That evening when we stopped to pick up the kids at David and Linda's, Lydia all of the sudden realized she had two Grandmas. Grandma Shauna walked in the door and Lydia excitedly yelled "Gamma!" Then she looked at Grandma Lindsey and said "that Gamma too... I have two Gammas!" Then Grandpa Fred walked in the door and she looked at both her Grandpas and excitedly announced, "I have two Banpas!" The realization was quite a joy to Lydia :) She is greatly blessed to have two "Gammas" and two "Banpas" that love her and live close enough for her to be able to spend time with them.

I have always felt that my grandparents have been a great blessing in my life and I feel so blessed to have a relationship with each of them. I look up to and admire my grandparents and appreciate the love they have always abudantly shared with me. Family is what this life is really about!





PS There aren't any pictures of me because I currently have a sinus infection and have a big red nose from blowing it all the time-- Yuk! I can't wait to feel better!!!

4 comments:

Marae said...

hahaha- elise and i love this story. we are laughing imagining lydia, and talking about how much we love that r-rolling accent of hers. :)

bd said...

Girl!!...I see those oatmeal containers you were telling me about on top of your cabinets!!!!! EEEKKK! Take those things out to the garage!!! hahahahahhaa Sorry, had to give you a hard time! Much love, bd

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Oh, I wish I could have done applesauce with you! That looks fun and YUMMY. Your kids sure are cute and getting soooo big!
Andra

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

How come I'm not on your blog list????????? :-)

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!