
It was a beautiful February day so we loaded up the 4-wheelers, picked Hyrum up from school, and headed to the hills. Jon brought along his .22 and we did a little target practice with some cans and bottles we found along the way. All I can say is I'm glad I'm the Mom and not the provider. It times got tough and our family depended on me for food we might all starve. I couldn't hit a target for anything. Jon on the other hand was hitting them left and right.... I guess that's why he's the hunter :) Hyrum even had a turn with the gun and did just as well or better than I did. It must be a boy thing!

Hyrum at the top of Squaw Butte. He'd just raced his Dad to the top through all the deep snow and I'm guessing by the look on his face he must have won.

The girls

Daddy and his girl. Lydia was napping when we first got there so Jon and Hyrum took off on one 4-wheelers and I stayed and waited for Lydia to wake up. When Lydia and I tried to find them we came across a pretty large and steep hill. Lydia must have sensed my hesitance to proceed down the hill and she started crying for her Dad. I had to keep reassuring her she would be okay but she kept insisting she wanted her daddy. She knows her Dad is safe and protects his little girl.
4 comments:
Looks like a fun day!
Cute Family! Tell Jon the Pettijohn's say hello from Alaska. I heard my friend Christie Petersen's husband works for Jon now. They left our ward for you guys so take good care of them. :) They say they love it there. Also I hear Sarah Stice is in your ward and I live next door to her parents home...small world. Hope you don't mind that I checked out your blog...it was fun seeing Jon's family.
Jon Lindsey!!!! Nice to meet you Mrs. Lindsey seems Jon found a wife who is way to good for him.(that was a joke). I think the world of Jon I pictured you coming home from TN and moving yourself to Alaska and buying a boat anyway looks like you have Idaho in your blood. Your family looks great 3 great kids a wonderfull wife. It is good to see that your family takes pictures writes and lets the world know what is going on. Jon I miss you and thank you for your example, I have thought about you often and am happy to see things are going so well for you hit me back sometime.
Your Friend,
Marshall Bruce
Marshall.Bruce@imail.org
801 647 0464
http://www.new.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=1127439182&sid=667b18423e8ffc99570fbc43adbe6f64#/home.php?ref=home
not to mention someone has really good taste in music. 3 kids sheesh
Post a Comment