Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rained out


We went camping at Spring Creek this weekend but only lasted one night. It was raining when we got there Thursday night and it hadn't stopped when we left Friday night. Despite the weather, Jon and Hyrum went for a long 4wheeler ride Friday to set Jon's game camera up. Hyrum was soaking and freezing by the time they returned and was wishing he would have stayed in the trailer. After a little work I convinced Jon to pack up and head home. Lydia and I spent the entire time in the trailer watching movies until the generator ran out of gas.

The kids loving roasting marshmallows but with all the rain that wasn't possible so we did the next best thing-- roasted them over the flame of the stove.



This picture is a little spooky to me... It feels like I'm looking at myself, or at least myself when I was that age. What do you think?

Do you think Jon wanted this picture of me or do you think he just liked my shirt?

A classic Lydia smile:)

A classic Hyrum smile. Either a mouth full of food or a silly face...

This was a random picture I had that was taken around the same time as this trip. I thought I would add it so Hyrum and Trevor can enjoy it in the future. They're such good friends and have a great time together. Austin is hiding by the couch, he's another neighborhood friend.

3 comments:

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Your kids are so cute! They make me smile! Hey, maybe Hyrum will date one of my girls one day :-) I sure wouldn't mind...well, maybe not my little Lindsey that's on the way....can you imagine having the name Lindsey Lindsey??? Ha Ha Ha!!! Love and miss you!

*A* said...

by the way, we changed our blog address to ilovemps.blogspot.com in case you wanted to change that.

karenavandyke said...

YES, Lydia looks JUST like you as a kid. :)

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!