Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day weekend at Brownlee

Yes, this is a bear in a tree. Quite high in the tree actually. Jon hunted a fairly new area this weekend and saw more bears than he could count. Only he would be excited about that fact. I am convinced that Angels hunt with him. Even other hunters are surprised that he hunts by himself in such areas and only carries a bow for protection. Thank you Angels for watching over my "madly-in-love-with-nature-Husband." A few words to the wise: If you are running from a bear, don't climb a tree. The video footage Jon got of this bear proves they can quickly and easily climb a lot higher than you.


While Jon was off hunting the kids and I spent some time in the boat and even did a little fishing. I have to admit I was secretly hoping not to catch anything. Jon always takes care of everything (aka my fish on the hook) when we fish. Hyrum reassured me he would do the job but part of me didn't fully trust him.

Hyrum is growing up quite a bit. He can drive the boat, set up the fishing poles, and take care of his own fish. He likes being independent and with that has learned quickly how to be so. Thankfully, he is still a sweet little boy that likes to give loves to him mom and dad and still lets us hold him... though he's getting quite big for me.
I just have to note a little fact about Jon. It seems that everywhere we go he makes friends. People are literally drawn to him. I think the fact that he's a Chiropractor helps; people love to tell him all about their back pain or whatever else they have going on. But, even before he was a Chiropractor people were still drawn to him. He reminds me a lot of my Grandpa Hansen, who is very much a people person. Super friendly to everyone. There was a gentleman camped next to us, with his wife, who was one of those people drawn to Jon. It seemed every time Jon was outside the trailer he'd come talk to him. They are both hunters so they had some things in common, and this gentleman was a very friendly, likes to talk a lot type of guy. The last night we were there we went to their 5th wheel and played cards with them and had a good time. I'm grateful I have such a social husband because I am always blessed by meeting new people.


Jon left for Brownlee Wednesday night and the kids and I joined him Friday night. We stayed through Monday and had beautiful weather the entire time. It was such a fun and relaxing weekend.

What a beautiful scene-- both the children and the backdrop :) Nature never ceases to amaze me.



Playing Hyrum's favorite card game right now- Uno.



My little fisherpeople

Hyrum does a great job taking care of Lydia when we're out camping or fishing. As we were packing up to head home Jon took the kids on the boat over to load it up. I was back at the campsite waiting for the kids to return so we could leave (Jon was heading off to do more hunting). Jon came back without the kids and upon inquiring I found out that he had left them at the dock to fish. They are almost 3 and 6. Definitely not something I would do.



We had a few visitors while we were there. This is Lydia with baby Lydia. The Jangula's came and the kids had a great time playing with their kids.

This is Justin, the doctor that works with Jon. He sprained his ankle, cut up his leg and torn his pants during his outing with Jon. I'm not sure he's too anxious to go out with the mountain goat again....

Jon takes approximately a million photos of wildlife while he's out hunting. Unbeknowst to him, I delete most of them. I mean they're pretty cool to see live, but not as great on a computer screen. Plus, a lot of his are blurry. I thought I post this one just so he knows I don't delete them all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post!! I enjoyed seeing my banged up bub on the screen!! :0)

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!