Sunday, September 27, 2009

Much Needed Vacation

On Tuesday Jon and I dropped the kids off with Grandma and Grandpa DeCoria in Tri-Cities and early Wednesday morning we headed for the Seattle area. Jon attended an NET (Neuro Emotional Technique) seminar Thursday, Friday and Saturday and we spent Wednesday with Jon's brother, David, and his family in Mount Vernon. This was a fabulous vacation for me because I had NOTHING I had to do. I brought my study materials for my nutrition course along with books and articles to read so plenty to do, but nothing I HAD to do. Our hotel was about a mile from the Temple and so I was blessed to attend there twice. The Seattle Temple was the temple I grew up with. My parents attended that temple when I was young and when I turned 12 that is the Temple I went to for baptisms. I remember many enjoyable youth Temple trips. The Seattle Temple is also the 1st Temple Jon and I ever did sealings at. We were engaged at the time. I also remember a trip to that Temple with my good friend, Sherisa, before her mission and right after I met Jon and was in need of some guidance. It was such a blessing to attend a Temple that holds so many wonderful memories for me. The weather was BEAUTIFUL every day we were there. This was honestly one of the most refreshing vacations I have ever had. HUGE thanks to my parents and my sister for watching our kids. You guys are the best!

It was a beautiful day and we spent several hours out on the boat salmon fishing. Unfortunately, we didn't have too much luck. As always though, Jon caught a couple. He was even using a fly rod.


Cooper, Jon, and David holding the one and only salmon brought in.
Cooper reeling in a salmon. Unfortunately, after all his hard work it got off right as he brought it to the boat.
Me and Jonnie
David and Cooper

No comments:

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!