Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend in WA

Hyrum had some time off school so we decided to spend Halloween weekend in WA with the cousins. We were also hoping to help my parents finish some more of their house. Jon helped my Dad a couple days, but there's still quite a bit of little things to be done. Taunya and I spent several hours taping the trim and started to paint, but there's lots left of that. Some of the family was sick and so most of the time we were there my Mom was babysitting babies. Lydia adores babies and was most grateful for the opportunity to help Grandma. Despite being only 3 she was a big help. Pictured above is Lydia with baby Sydney.
Since my parents are moving I wanted to post a picture of the house I was born and raised in. It's been a good home and holds many fond memories for me.
The kids love going to WA so much. They hardly sleep while we're there because they're so wound up. I remember the excitement of going to Rigby to see my Grandparents and cousins when I was little so I completely understand. Though, grumpy kids due to lack of sleep is a little difficult to deal with as a parent...
Hyrum, Jessica, Jackson and Lydia
Lydia and Anikah trick or treating. They were both princesses but Lydia wouldn't wear or crown and she broke her wand.


Hyrum's birthday is next week and Grandma Shauna gave him an early birthday present-- Yahtzee and two books. Reading and playing games are two of Hyrum's favorite things to do right now. What a nice Grandma he has!
Do you think Lydia loves her Grandma? I think so!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are so fun! How neat to see where you grew up! I know how it feels to have your parents move out of the house you grew up in...it was te same for me, a bit bittersweet. :0) I love that house and the memories are so precious.

karenavandyke said...

I am sad about your family selling the house too. It looks good! The railing and the front porch are great! Is the garage cleaned out? Tee hee. I have MANY a fond memory of that house too :) Like spinning around in your dad's barber chair, sneaking out in high school, playing with kitties (and ducks), SO many others. Now neither of us have parents living in the same houses.
The Halloween picks remind me of us trick or treating together too. Good times.... I can't get over how much Lydia looks like you.

*A* said...

I even have memories at that house and I'm just an old college roomie! Where are they moving? Hopefully closer to you?? Looks like you guys had a wonderful Halloween!

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!