Sunday, May 16, 2010

1st Real Camping Trip of the Season

We spent the weekend (Thursday-Sunday) at Brownlee fishing and hanging out with family. This was our first full-family camping trip of the season, which is a late start for us; we're usually out by March. It's been a busy Spring though. It's so nice in Idaho to be able to pull our trailer and boat!
The weather was fabulous all weekend!
Hyrum with a small mouth on.

Lydia with the crappie she pulled in.

My friend commented the other day that she felt the theme of my blog was, "I love my family and my husband's Hot." Well, here's a picture to confirm her belief :)

Kind of scary looking but, I was the photographer all weekend and I don't like when people blog and never put photos of themselves on their blog. Here you go, a self taken photo in all my glory.
My adorable little girl. Yes, I admit I go a little over board taking pictures of her sometimes...


Kiddos fishing from the dock on Friday while Jon was off with the boat scouting. I do want to note that it's only May and hunting season has already begun in our family. Jon drove the boat down river several miles and then rode his bike in several more miles to scout. The kids and I chilled and enjoyed a nice relaxing morning while he was gone.
Hyrum even caught a few fish from the dock. Way to go buddy!
My Dad joined us Friday afternoon. We always enjoy Grandparents, especially the kids. Thanks for coming Dad!
Me attempting to take my fish off the hook. I have this weird sympathy for fish on hooks and I can't stand to see them in pain. Therefore, I never take my fish off the hook because I think they're in pain and it makes me go weak. Jon gets fed up after a while and strongly encourages me that I can do it. Normally I am unable but, surprisingly I did about 4 times. Way to be me! (I think my Dad must have spoiled me as a child because I still require my husband to do everything for me when fishing except catch my fish. I love my Dad!)
Emma, Kira, and Lydia when Jon's antler shed he found while out scouting. Lydia had such a great time with her cousins. She absolutely LOVED that they were there. Thank you so much Dustin and Andrea for coming! I know it wasn't an easy trip. We greatly appreciated having you!
Hyrum and Joshua
Jon was really sore so he thought of this fun game we all had to play (manipulative type 3). Notice he made my Dad who is super good at massages sit behind him!
Kaleb, Emma, Lydia, and Kira
Adorable little Abigail!
This weekend was so much fun that I can hardly wait for our family reunion coming up next month!

1 comment:

karenavandyke said...

Alayna has the exact same life jacket :)

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!