Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010

Merry Christmas 2010!  We had a fun Christmas day and an exciting Christmas season.  The day started bright and early, as always!  Santa brought boxes of cold cereal in the stockings for an early breakfast until we made yummy crepes with Uncle Roger a few hours later.  I love to drag out opening the gifts, only this year was a little extreme.  We started opening gifts and didn't get too far when Roger showed up for breakfast.  We stopped opening (we open one at a time) and while I made breakfast the kids played with their Santa gifts.  The time flew by playing new Wii games and basketball with a nice new indoor hoop that before we knew it it was 3:00 and time to head to our friend's for dinner and games.
We stayed at our friend's until after 9:30 and when we got home the kids of course insisted on opening the rest of the gifts.  By the time we finished it was after 10:30pm!

While I was working at the office on Christmas Eve morning, Hyrum asked Jon how he could grow a goatee.  Being the trickster that he is, Jon had fun with that one.  He told Hyrum he first had to put toothpaste on his chin, then mix and drink a concoction of vinegar, lemon juice, and pepper.  Hyrum must have really wanted to grow a goatee because he did it!  Poor boy!  I think Dad might have lost a little trust after this one.


Santa brought Lydia a huge doll house!
Santa brought Hyrum a dart gun, new winter coat, and a Wii game.

A few of the dolls Lydia got for Christmas.  She well over doubled her barbie collection.  I never really had barbies growing up; I always played at Karena's house with her barbies.  I guess, according to Karena, my brothers broke whatever barbies I did have.  Now I think I'm trying to live vicariously through Lydia.  At least I'm aware of the fact so I can try to resist my urge to buy her everything I wished I had :)
Hyrum and Jon both got new Fruitland sweatshirts and Hyrum's friend gave him this orange and black scarf-- perfect for supporting the Grizzlies!


Just to note it, Jon bought me new dishes and silverware for Christmas.  We currently have a mix match of stuff picked up along the way.  It'll be nice to have matching dishes and nice silverware!  After 10 years of marriage we're moving up in the world :)  Jon's big gift was a GPS (for hunting, not driving).

These are the last family photos before Zerin joined us (only hours later).

No comments:

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!