Even though Lydia was homeschooled the last part of school we were still able to join her class at the Boise Zoo. There weren't too many animals out and about on this day but she enjoyed playing and having lunch with her friends afterwards. It was obvious she was/is well liked by how many of her classmates were so excited to see her!
The zoo wiped these two out!
That's my Jonnie! On our 2nd date he peed in my parent's backyard. I could tell then that he was pretty comfortable around me and not putting forth any effort to be something he wasn't. What I saw was what I'd get :)
Memorial Day weekend Jon and I went to SLC for a Kirk Duncan seminar. My Mom and Kay and Taunya and Jason were suppose to come with us and my Dad was going to come to our house and watch our children. A few days before the seminar it was discovered that Jessica (Andrews) had a large cyst in her abdomen. Huge cyst actually. Obviously, that meant Taunya and Jason could no longer attend and my Mom felt that she was needed there also as Jessica would have a bit of a recovery. I thought about cancelling us as well but my sweet Dad insisted he didn't mind make the trek over and watching the children. He came on a Wednesday afternoon and we left that evening. However, since my Mom was now going to be at home he thought it would be easier to take the children back to their house. We were coming up the following Wednesday night anyway to celebrate Grandma Amy's 90th birthday. So, Jon and I ended up having an entire week all to ourselves! It felt a bit like we were newlyweds, only I was pregnant and still not feeling super well. The week break was WONDERFUL though!
We came home from the seminar late Saturday night, went to church Sunday morning and then headed to Council. Monday afternoon we took the side by side up to New Meadows and attempted to go over the mountain to Goose Lake. It was obviously WAY too early in the season and after getting stuck several times I finally convinced Jon to turn around. Which, also meant getting stuck several more times. I was amazed at how well our wench worked. I have to admit I doubted several times but we always made it out.
Me shooting a bow for the first time ever. This is Lydia's long bow and it was actually quite fun.
Later in the day we stopped at Lost Lake and took out a leaky Kayak. Thankfully, for Jon, it only leaked on my end! I was drenched and frozen by the time we returned.
Couldn't beat the beautiful weather!
Zerin enjoying yummies at Grandma Amy's 90th birthday party
Layken, Gavin, Sydney and Zerin
Adorable little Porter
Doesn't Grandma look fabulous for being 90? She'd also been sitting out in the heat for several hours by this time. She's also been a great example in my life and I'm so grateful for her love!
May brought baseball season for Hyrum. He enjoyed playing with Dawson and other friends and did a great job! Jon sponsored their team, hence the green shirt.
![]() |
| It's a boy! (May 30th, since we're having another home birth we had an ultrasound at my Mom's office while we were there.) |
![]() |
| Profile |


No comments:
Post a Comment