Saturday, March 12, 2016

Grandma Amy's Funeral March 12th, 2016


Zerin and Porter both were drawn to statue of Christ at the cemetery 
What a wonderful blessing to be able to help dress Grandma.  When we came in she was clothed in a blanket.  Once the Temple dress was on her a tangible spirit entered the room.  A sacred experience for sure. I remember several times over the last few years Grandma expressing concerns over the location of her Temple clothes.  It was of utmost importance to her to buried in those sacred clothes.  She looked beautiful. 





I'm in awe every time I behold a scene like this.  Such respect for a person who has passed on.




This casket put a smile on my face.  So beautiful, soft, and elegant; just how I remember my grandma.

Les, Jolene, Galyn, Janice, and Fred.  Darlene refused to sit near the casket.


All five of the living siblings.  Earl passed away at birth.  Darlene, Jolene, Galyn, Janice, Freddie




Grandma was one of the most, if not the most, loving people I know.  When I was 13 she had a brain tumor removed and from that time on had a hard time speaking.  Though she couldn't say much there was never a doubt how much she loved you.  Her whole being would light up when she saw you and then she'd give you a huge hug and kiss and tell you, "I love you!"  It seemed Grandma loved everyone.  During her last days in the Hospice home she got out of bed unexpectedly and scared one of the nurses walking down the hall.  Grandma immediate gave her a hug to soothe her.  I hope to develop a heart like hers.  Thank you, Grandma, for your Christ-like example of love and goodness.  I look forward to the day we are reunited.

I have countless memories of this beautiful woman.  I was blessed to spend time with her and Grandpa at their home in Othello.  I loved my one on one time with them.  On one visit I forgot my church dress.  I remember going to the fabric store with Grandma on Saturday and then she spent hours that night sewing my beautiful dress.
I loved the dress so much I chose to wear it for school pictures.  Another one of my favorite memories of staying with Grandma was her french toast.  That was my favorite food and hers was the best!  I also remember camping at Emigrant Springs and staying in their overhead camper.  It was always a joy to spend time with my grandma.  I never doubted her love for me.

No comments:

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!