| Archery season is always a little hard on me and I get worn down being home with the kids by myself the majority of September so I got a wild hair and decided to go out for a night and a day with Jon. Don't tell, but we left Hyrum and Lydia at home alone with the boys. I left around bed time and met Jon at the top of Cottonwood. The next morning we hiked and hiked and hiked and hunted. Unfortunately, we didn't see much. We came out that night in the dark and I headed home. The next day was the 30th and Jon's last day to try for an elk. Unfortunately, just outside Cambridge my van broke down. Thankfully, Jon had service and I was able to have him come pick me up. We were both exhausted. as it was well after midnight, and decided to leave the van in Cambridge and drive to our cabin for the night. (Which meant the kids were home alone one more night). The next morning we got a hold of a mechanic in Cambridge to fix our van and we came home in the truck. No more hunting for Jon, but everyone was safe and reunited at home. I was extremely grateful that the van broke down where it did. There were so many other places it could've broken down where I didn't have service and would've had to spend the night alone on the side of the road. I have no doubt I was being watched over. |
No comments:
Post a Comment