Monday, April 12, 2010

Lydia's second haircut

Given by none other than the princess herself!
Thankfully, after hanging up the phone, I heard scissors and ran to the bathroom. I'm pretty sure she would have cut the whole thing if she hadn't been caught.

The damage.
Extra sad because she had such pretty curls.
Days later I found more hair hidden in other locations. Like behind the couch, in the closet and behind a basket in the computer room.
After the hair cutting incident I began to realize that Lydia is "that" child. The one everyone talks about that is into constant mischief. Hyrum was just never that curious, and in his younger days, was very obedient. Lydia on the other hand, has a very free adventurous spirit and loves to be busy and to learn with hands on activities. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I tell her not to do a certain activity and explain why not; she still does it. Below are a few pictures of Lydia's creativity that can be found around our home.
The sheets on my bed. My pillowcase also has drawings on it.
The wall next to her bed.
The wall in the toy room.
A drawer in the kitchen.
The outside of a drawer.
Another drawer in the kitchen.
The counter in the kitchen.

Our leather couch in the living room.
Maybe Lydia will make her fortune through art, and I will look back at these days with gratitude that I was able to provide so many great places for her to practice. You really never know, right?

To be honest, I'm grateful to have such an upbeat adventurous spirit in our home. She has so much animation and excitement that constantly bubbles over and fills our home.
Thank you, Lydia, for adding so joy and love to my life!

3 comments:

Elise said...

Those sad pictures of Lydia made me SO sad. I cannot wait to see that adorable girl again....& all of you too of course.
Come down here in a month or so & I'll take you on the ropes course that I will work at & on a canoe ride.

The Barben Adventures said...

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work really well to get off crayon,pen, permanemt marker...believe me I have experienced it all. I'm just glad you get a turn!!! We miss and love you guys!

Jared and Aletia said...

Kids always amaze me with the different places they see as "canvases" or "paper." We have several drawers in our kitchen that look like yours, and of course, there's drawing here and there on the walls! It's great that you have such a good attitude about it. They grow up so fast!! One day our houses will be very clean but also very quiet and lonely! :( So it's good to enjoy all the surprises they leave for us, huh?! Have a great day!!:)

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!