Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Second Haircut...

...done by the Missy herself! A few months ago Lydia took the scissors to her hair and I thought that would be the one and only. I once again underestimated this little free spirit of mine! Unfortunately, this cut is going to be a little harder to disguise...



Our tree was a little tricky this year. Jon and the kids picked up a tree Saturday and that night the kids and I decorated it. Sunday night Jon and I decided the tree looked a little too dead for such a "new" tree. I like to keep my trees up until the new year and I knew there was no way that one would make it. So, Monday the kids and I undecorated the tree and that night Jon exchanged it and brought the new one in. I spent an hour or so that night cleaning up the mess that comes with hauling a tree out and then a new one in and then next morning the kids and I redecorated. As I was cleaning Monday night the thought came to me that it's kind of strange that we haul living trees into our homes. Nonetheless, I LOVE real Christmas trees and the scent they bring to my home! Definitely worth the work!
Hyrum really wanted me to take this picture of him stabbing a candy cane with his leatherman. Like a good Mom I snapped the photo and put it on the blog for him. I'm convinced I never understand the male species!

2 comments:

*A* said...

What a pain in the rump (does anyone else still use that word?? Ha Ha) I take it your kids don't believe in santa since you have the gifts already under the tree!!? Merry Christmas can't wait to see that new baby of yours!

Alexander Arthur Doak Blogspot said...

I think Lydia will always love to play with scizzors. They will probably be her best toy. Thanks Rachel for suggesting we get together. It was great and Hyrums baptism just topped it off. How blessed we are to have you in our family. Love Mom L.

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!