Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Weekend


A friend of mine, that I actually started babysitting when I was 10 years old, was married yesterday at the Moore Mansion in Pasco and so we came to Washington for her wedding. It worked out well that I was able to spend Father's Day with my Dad. I always enjoy that. For those of you that don't know, I am blessed with one of the best Dad's EVER! I guarantee my 5 siblings would agree :)
The bride and groom, Melissa and Dan.
The two men I love most in this world. Wow, am I ever blessed!

The food was amazing! Thank you, Melissa :) The weather was actually quite chilly. Kind of strange for the 20th of June in Tri-Cities. I had to put on Jon's long sleeve shirt he had in the car. The picture below shows what my Dad put on...

I believe it was some sort of pillow/blanket designed for emergency use only. Definitely not practical. You do what you gotta do when your cold though. Oh, by the way, he said he didn't want to see this photo on my blog. I guess this is one way to find out if he looks at my blog...
Isn't he handsome?
Jason and Taunya

Tasha and Marshall

Dustin and Andrea

On Sunday afternoon my Mom had a picnic at her house with all the family. This is my sister and I with our Dad. I put this one on here because my parents are moving soon (the 1st time in my life) and I want to remember how much I LOVE their backyard. If you look out their kitchen window the view is AMAZINGLY green. They have several fruit trees in their yard and then the pasture behind them has a huge walnut tree. Until Jon and I bought our 1st home this was the only backyard I had ever known and it is/was a good one! It holds many fond memories.
Anikah, Lydia and Kira
Dallas and Jonnie. It was a little chilly this day also and Jon's long sleeve just wasn't enough. In my Dad's closet he found this very stylish leather jacket. Sorry, Jon, but I have to admit it looks better on my Dad.
Layken, Lydia, Jessica and Savannah

My Grandma, Alberta Amy McAffee DeCoria Rice with Lydia and I. She is a sweetheart and has always been a dear friend to me. I have a few things I'll always remember about my Grandma. One is how she always stands at her door when you're leaving her house and does not go inside until you are way beyond view. I have many many many memories of her doing that. I think that is very polite. Her Mom must have been wonderful because there are several "proper" things about my Grandma that I admire that she says her Mother taught her. A few years ago her and her sweet husband, Don, were traveling through Fruitland on a Sunday afternoon on their way to Idaho Falls. I talked with her before she left and we made arrangements for them to join us at our home for lunch. She arrived with a side dish stating that her Mother had taught her never to show up for a meal empty handed. I personally would never think to prepare a side dish for a meal I was going to 4 hrs away on my way to a vacation spot. Thank you for your beautiful example to me. I love you, Grandma!

2 comments:

kd said...

Lots of great family pictures & memories in this post! I laughed about your dad's picture... I think my dad checks my blog about twice a year. And then I have to agree w/you about Jon in that leather jacket. Wow. So not his energy ;)

Marae said...

That picture of Jon in leather is hilarious!!! I'm sad that I didn't get to officially say goodbye. But you know I love you & will constantly miss you. You can use my pictures anytime!!! Have a fantastic day.

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!