Thursday, May 21, 2009

Growing

About a week and half ago I was introduced to, and trained on, Quickbooks. Our accountant pretty much told us it was Quickbooks or else.... Well, we kind of like him and think he's pretty good at what he does, so we chose Quickbooks. Unfortunately, I am the one that the responsibility falls on. Actually, in all honesty, I could give it to Jon, but exactness is REALLY not his strong suit, so it's in our business' best interest that I do it. It's been an overwhelming task for me. I received some additional training this week and I'm feeling much better about it. The purpose of this post is to share some realizations I've had. Before Quickbooks came along I was already a very busy woman. Let me list some of my tasks for you:
  • Wife
  • Mother
  • Young Women's President
  • Visiting Teacher
  • Student of my course to become a CCWFN (Certified Clinical Whole Food Nutritionist)
  • Office Manager at our Fruitland office, plus still training our Weiser employee
  • 2008 Blog book that needs started/completed
  • Housekeeper who takes care of all our home bills and all that goes with that
  • Blog follower--It really is important that I keep up with all your blogs:)
I really felt that my plate was full to overflowing. Along comes Quickbooks and managing all the books for our business. I almost broke down to tears. I most definitely wanted to. Deep down though I knew I could do it. I knew that I had attracted all this is my life so that I could GROW and realize that I am capable of more than I think I am. I received an email right before QB came along and it talked about the fact that it's not that we don't have enough hours in the day, we just don't use them wisely. I know that is true for me. Now that I am feeling much better about QB I am able to see some light. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who remembers all that I am capable of. He believes in me and He wants to assist me in accomplishing all that I wanted to accomplish during this mortality. I joked to Jon the other night that I think that we were over-achievers in the Pre-existence. It feels like we keep attracting so many opportunities to learn and grow. Never a dull moment. I don't remember what boredom is, nor do I think I ever will. Sometimes I really JUST want to be a Mom. Then I remember that life's not just about ME. I have no doubt that we are here to help each other and that our purpose it to help prepare the way for our Savior.

2 comments:

Boyce Family said...

You can do it, you are amazing. I'm glad you recognize that you are a powerful creator and are learning lessons from all this. Quickbooks is pretty easy, I use it all the time so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. You are super woman!

Jeff and Sarah Flint Family said...

I use Quickbooks all the time for my work as well and I like it a lot. I did take their classes they offer and it made things so much easier / more effective.

Good luck, I wonder at times how I make it through it all to! One moment at a time I suppose

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!