Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

You may think our family camps a lot. Well, you're right! Every free minute Jon has he likes to spend in the mountains. It's a good thing he married a girl who also enjoys camping. I do have to admit though, camping with a trailer is much easier than the whole tent thing. I'm grateful Jon has softened up in the last few years. For those of you who don't know, when I 1st met Jon we weren't even allowed to camp in a campground. We had to carry everything on our back and hike in. Camping where you were in reach of your car or anything else somewhat civilized was just not camping. Boy do I ever have some stories! We also never had campfires because Jon didn't like smelling like smoke. Thank goodness children changed that. Jon can't resist two adorable children begging for a fire.



Quiz: What do our two vehicles have in common? Besides that they're both Toyotas.




The fishermen. Lydia fished also, but Hyrum was the maniac fisherman. I believe he fished almost two days straight. He only stopped to eat and ride the 4wheeler.


Thankfully, Hyrum's fishing efforts paid off with a keeper. It made him feel pretty good to know he was the only one to catch a keeper.



These critters were the only downside to the camping. There were literally millions of these grasshopper/crickets all over! They ate my flip flops and a fishing pole handle and crawled all over everything including us. Lydia was a brave soul though and didn't seem to mind them. She even tried catching them in a cup which wasn't too difficult considering their numbers.

This is some sort of gathering. The picture doesn't do it justice. Yuk!
PS We were camped about 10 miles north of Mann's Creek Reservoir.

PPS 6.16.09 I found some additional pictures of the weekend that Jon took with the video/digital camera so I'm adding them.






2 comments:

Lizzylou said...

Wow you guys sure do a ton of fun things!!! I'm glad you have fun together as a family. The kids are growing up and are just so darn cute! You are a busy woman, and achieve at everything you do. You will surely continue to be blessed for all of your efforts. Happy Memorial Day!

Elise said...

I know, I know, I know.
They both are traveling advertisement.
They both go at very slow speeds often to look at roadside fauna.
They both transport the cutest kids ever!

My Greastest Blessings!

My Greastest Blessings!